Girls like her, my grandfather once warned me, girls like her turn into women with eyes like bullet holes and mouths made of knives. They are always restless. They are always hungry. They are bad news. They will drink you down like a shot of whisky. Falling in love with them is like falling down a flight of stairs.
I am what you designed me to be. I am your blade. You cannot now complain if you also feel the hurt.
That day we met, I heard your father say something about Estella, that no-one knows who she is?
- You really don’t like me very much, do you, Mr Wemmick?
- I don’t know who you are.
- How can you be so cold?
- It’s what you trained me to be.
- She wants me to love her. But I cannot.
- Because I do not have a heart.
- Pip: I have seen you give him looks and smiles this very night, such as you never give to - me.
- Estella: Do you want me then to deceive and entrap you?
- Pip: Do you deceive and entrap him, Estella?
- Estella: Yes, and many others - all of them but you.